Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
hi guys can i ask you to give me some help with my android box, the wireless went off, have been using it with ethernet ok. Switched on earlier it came up as usual with the droidbox logo then switched to red green blue yellow balls switching about as normal, but has now locked onto doing that continually, Doesn't boot up now anymore.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, I had my wifi go off on my imx6 and it would not go passed the droidbox logo. So I did a reset and it was ok, but once I just power it off , not the wifi(router) left for a few mins then powered it back and it rebooted ok. If you do need to reset it there is instructions on this forum and there is aways someone to help. Good luck

Reactions: Wally6945

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
Hi David
The wifi went off so I reset the box, it came up as usual with the droidbox logo then switched to red green blue yellow balls switching about as normal, but has now locked onto doing that continually, Doesn't boot up now anymore.
Yes so I have had a look at following link
http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/factory-reset-your-imx6.147/
Followed it to the letter, now box doesn't even come at all. Blue light comes then that's it.
Have I bricked it, what next please help.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sorry to here that, I would power off and do the tooth pick again with no sd card and see what happens. When I did mine I did no card and factory reset and waited until it booted up, some times 20mins. Then it loaded fine and did wizard....hope it works for you, if not try the live chat they can help you. Good luck

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
david will give that a try cheers.
will try live chat have not used that yet, hadn't noticed it before.
Tried that David no joy.
(power off and do the tooth pick again with no sd card and see what happens.)
Doesn't even show on TV screen now at all, its just got blue blight showing on front.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Live chat will be online from midday, I'm working on clearing here and getting the new Wizard out to beta testers, so no morning chats, sorry.

@Wally6945 - Just to double check, you've now tried factory reseting with an SD card with that recovery.img file, and without an SD card, and neither bring up the Recovery menu, and no image now comes on screen? If so, send us an e-mail (see the link below) with all the info requested there, and we'll get this sorted ASAP hopefully. (Please mention this thread, or what you've already tried in your e-mail to us, that should prevent the same advice being repeated!)

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
hi admin, I am getting into the set up screen I am following the video for this, the first three setups ok.
1). select wipe cache partition. 2). wipe data/factory reset. 3). confirm wipe of all user data, go down yes,
Cache wipe complete, data wipe complete, it then goes back to reboot system, reboot system setup screen comes back up.
That's me now puzzled as to what next.

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
how do I get to live chat please, admin,
It's ok have realized its not on the forum but on the droidbox site,

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Hi again, don't want to interfere but normally it would start loading, so may need to put SD card and boot up the zip files on to your box. If you want there's contact details on the droidbox site the links are there also face book and twitter.....please if admin is sorting you out just ignore me...only trying to help ,as it can get frustrating when they go wrong.....:confused:

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
:)thanks David, no problem m8t always ready to listen m8t. I always listen it is the only way to learn, the old saying listen and learn, or as is the case nowadays read and write and learn. :);):):D

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
Guys ;)The only thing I can think of is I am missing something really simple here,;) but cannot put my finger on it, oh well. :):):confused: its :cool: though, you guys got any advice on what the best box is that's available now. Maybe an updated box is required. Hope I can fix this one though anyway, thanks for all you help anyway Guys.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
At this moment it probably the T8, as it the most recent and has some good reviews. Have a luck at Amazon,I've got the imx6 and its great but I'm thinking of upgrading too..from the recovery menu there should be a sd card part so you can access SD card on the device...good luck

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
no David that's it the android man is not spinning, the android man shows up with a red exclamation mark on it.
here is a picture of it, i'm using the recovery image file loaded on a sd card, will it still work if I use a usb stick fat 32 this is what shows up after I've gone through setup as video and rebooted, this comes up each time, still there now.
DSC_0415.jpg

Last edited:

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
help please guys, I was in the chat box on main site this afternoon , he said he would send me email with return instructions and requirements to return the box. Not come through yet.
I would prefer if it could be done without returning , best all round, hope someone can help with this, please.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sorry to here it not working and you did not receive an email, but can I ask you when you put the file on the SDcard did you change the format as if I remember you need to have separate files on the card. Only trying to help you figure it out as I've had problems long time ago and no how frustrating it is and that's before the wife gets involved. If you have no luck try email or live chat again. Thanks for pics I've seen that pic before... P.S nice TV is it a Samsung

Allybee

Aug 30, 2014
Hi

Sorry to be off subject, but how do you get that start up screen on the IMX6 ??

My screen is the revolving one. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Regards