David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Is it stuck on the revolving screen, or won't it boot up passed this screen. If it is you might have to reboot it or even reset it you need a tooth pick. Unplug the power cord, then place the tooth pick in the optical av slot there's a button you press in there, hold it pressed and plug the power cord back hold the tooth pick for a few secs more, you should get the recovery screen now. You can clear cache then reboot to see if that works. If that doesn't you may have to factory reset. If you go to the Home page of this forum then go to imx6 android (or imx6 MCE if its this one) and you will find more there. Good luck and hope this works for you :D

Allybee

Aug 30, 2014
David

Thanks for your reply. It has always been on the revolving screen.
All apps icons on the revolving screen work.
I've recently factory reset the box and whilst it now works fine, I just wondered if there was a way to get the above start screen for the IMX6.
Regards

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
David, sorry m8, no that's not start up screen, the one with the droidbox co uk logo comes up first then 4 coloured balls revolve for a bit, then it goes into that picture I'm showing above. need some help as to what to do next.

Reactions: Allybee

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
Hi

Sorry to be off subject, but how do you get that start up screen on the IMX6 ??

My screen is the revolving one. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Regards

David, I am getting into that set up screen as I am following the video for this from here, I powered off and done the tooth pick method with sd card , the first three setups ok.
1). select wipe cache partition. 2). wipe data/factory reset. 3). confirm wipe of all user data, go down yes,
Cache wipe complete, data wipe complete, it then goes back to reboot system, reboot system setup screen comes back up.
That's me now puzzled as to what next.

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
Is it stuck on the revolving screen, or won't it boot up passed this screen. If it is you might have to reboot it or even reset it you need a tooth pick. Unplug the power cord, then place the tooth pick in the optical av slot there's a button you press in there, hold it pressed and plug the power cord back hold the tooth pick for a few secs more, you should get the recovery screen now. You can clear cache then reboot to see if that works. If that doesn't you may have to factory reset. If you go to the Home page of this forum then go to imx6 android (or imx6 MCE if its this one) and you will find more there. Good luck and hope this works for you :D
David it won't it boot up past this screen with the SD Card inserted, also if I take out the SD Card it won't boot up at all, even with the pin in the slot method.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Hi again, Allybee does your box work and apps and xbmc. You can change the box to boot up to straight to xbmc if you want. Wally6945 have you tried live chat as they can walk you through the steps, as it looks like you've had a few problems with your box and I want to help you but its seems to be stuck. Sorry I couldn't help it's hard when it not in front of you. Good luck to you both..;)

Allybee

Aug 30, 2014
Hi David
Thanks for replying.
I'm just wondering if the IMX6 can boot up to the windows boxes option on the picture earlier in the posts ??
Cheers

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Is your the side swipe android version, sorry I'm not sure how you do that. May be SilentlyScreaming can help you....I think if it works don't mess, because as you can see it can go wrong.. Thanks for the like very kind of you :D.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Allybee - the different launchers come with different firmwares. You could try the Themer app/launcher though. Search for it in the Play Store (I've not yet tested it beyond a Galaxy S5). Once installed, head to the collection list on the right, and have a search through. I think I saw a couple of Metro/Win 8 style themes that can be applied to the normal looking launhcer.
@Wally9645 - sorry for the delay, clearing out some browsers and found these tabs from last week, my humble apologies. The description sounds familiar from a recent chat I had, have we spoken already?

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
@Allybee - the different launchers come with different firmwares. You could try the Themer app/launcher though. Search for it in the Play Store (I've not yet tested it beyond a Galaxy S5). Once installed, head to the collection list on the right, and have a search through. I think I saw a couple of Metro/Win 8 style themes that can be applied to the normal looking launhcer.
@Wally9645 - sorry for the delay, clearing out some browsers and found these tabs from last week, my humble apologies. The description sounds familiar from a recent chat I had, have we spoken already?
Hi admin sorry not answered before have been unwell, yes we have spoken before, you advised me to send box back to shop, did that, sent a replacement which was excellent service,
I am now on the mend now, getting to end of my treatment.
Can i ask you for some help with my replacement box, a few apps on xbmc stopped working, pheonix was one, so tried to reset box and now it won't work, all i'm getting is the complete action using 3D Launcher or Launcher, click on xbmc it goes back to complete action using 3D Launcher screen, when i go to all apps there is no xbmc app listed. Hope you can help.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
In your 3d menu can you go to apps, then look for file manager. If its there go in and then go system and then apps then xbmc this us where you can re-install it. Then install and re- run the wizard as you would on a new box. You will need your password and username and you will be best to use the 1st Confluence skin as well.
As for Phoenix you can install this add-on from the add-on installer repo in program's and it works as it on my box.
Hope this helps and good luck in your recovery from your illness.

Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: Wally6945

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
thanks dave, this is all a little beyond me now, so out of practice, will have a look at this and get back to you. cheers.
Ok have looked in there xbmc is in there its called "org.xbmc.xbmc-9-12.2.apk" is that the one,
it looks a very old one, ok am doing that now used the first Confluence skin as well, not sure what you mean the add-on installer repo in programs for phoenix

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If its in file manage,then yes these boxes have the Frodo build of xbmc and 12.2 is that so give that ago and good luck.
Just remember after the wizard had finished click ok on the last message then unplug the power from the back...wait a few secs then back in. When you next open xbmc you should wait again for 20mins for add-on to update.

Last thing Frodo is an old build of xbmc so some add-ons don't work. AAAtv is one Vevo
And Phoenix, but you can get it through the add-on installer in Program's its the green add-on.

Dave

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you have any problems, I would use the live chat function on our main site. The link is on the front page of this forum, and its the little greenish box in the corner. We can help you there (office hours only)....

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
:cool::):):)thanks dave getting there am just finding my way about again now on here, my memory and concentration is all akimbo now, after my treatment, but i;m sure i'll get there.
You guys are all gems real:cool::cool: dudes, thank you for all your help its really appreciated. Yes have remembered the live chat, forgot about it being office hours,:):):););):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: David Savage

Wally6945

Aug 28, 2014
Hi Dave again. Another question, Is it possible to install kodi on this box as the phoenix on that is now stable and working great.
Can't seem to get it to update on the 12.2 xbmc, keeps saying dependancies not met. Its just that my brother has got kodi on his lappy.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Don't think you can, few people have tried but to many problems.
If you go to program's, then look for add-on installer, go in there then popular add-ons and you can install Phoenix from there. Only one thing it has just been updated, and the one in there is 3.7 it will install. Not sure if it works, but keep an eye out for when that changes and try that. I have this box and I find most add-ons work.
I off line now, so hope I've helped you....
Dave