jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
hi guys,
I'm not real a tech person that knows how to use this kind of stuff. I got my box like 2 month ago, it work after inputing my password and use name. I've got the T8 box, but was talking with my friend because I was checking for a U.S. TV when he saw my screen on xbmc he said that was the old system that he was sent an update and his was well arranged with all different icon, could someone help me here if I've got the right update with my T8 box or what do I need to do, to get the current update, if a video could be posted on what my xbmc scream should look like, it will be well appreciated.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Normally to find out what version of xbmc (Kodi), go to system and under here there's another bar. Here go to system info click here and near the bottom is the name and number of xbmc you have and a long number and date. Sometime its in a different colour too. Something like this......
XBMC 12.3 git: 20121223-12345d(complied Mar 2014)
Now the 1st bit is the version if xbmc you have 12.0 and up is Frodo, 13.0 and up is Gotham, and 14.0 and up is Helix, and the latest is Isengard. Isengard is still being tested and at this time Kodi helix 14.2 is the most stable, but that doesn't mean all the others don't work, they do and just as good. Gotham is still running well and Frodo not to bad.
Hope this helps find out what version if xbmc you have.
If your T8 is more then 2 months old I think you will have Gotham, and if you wanted to upgrade then get in touch by email, you might be able to get the latest zip file. Here is a link to show what you need when getting in touch. Good luck...
http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/

Dave

Reactions: fzbob and jaytee

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
Thanks. I've check the bar code and the number I saw is Kodi 14.2 git 2015....... Compiled mar 26 2015.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Just a thought. Is it possible that your friend is referring to the xmbc/kodi "home" screen which can be customised rather than the version of xbmc you have which is pretty much up to date? You can switch to a customised screen in system - settings - appearance - skins - skins and selecting one of the alternatives there (droidbox has something called a "modded" skin). Some people have reported problems with these customised screens though.

Reactions: jaytee

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
Please I just want to know what's the difference between Driodbox skin and driodstick skin. My friend just confirm to me he got his box from driodstick and the skin we've got its old. He said their latest update is all crystal clear, does it mean driodstick have a different update from our latest update?

Chris_kn

Jun 6, 2015
Manchester
No, 'Droidstick' and "Droidbox" are two different companies. The basic 'Kodi' skin is the same for everyone who uses 'Kodi' for the first time.
Depending on what the wizard software writers at both companies use as the 'Skin' of choice, that will be the skin you and your friend see.
There are lots of different skins for 'Kodi' all different, some good some not so good. The modded 'Skin' with Droidbox can for some people
have the odd bug. But, the default skin is very stable. I think that gets things the right way round :)

Chris..

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
I've been trying to get BET US on my box, who know the add on, because all the other BET links I see are not working

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Just a little tip.When watching a stream on a T8, Press and hold the menu button on remote.A little rocket will pop up and clear cache for you. Dont know if it works on other boxs.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@jaytee
A lot will come down to the server you're streaming from.
If you head to the Genesis add-on, then Movies, then search, look for something popular last year. When you click on it, keep an eye out for which hosts are in the search results. You can safely ignore the first term, it is the middle one that tells us what we need. If you see VK, GVCentre, Google Video try those first. If none of those play back smoothly, you have issues we'll need to sort. If these do play OK, then buffering videos are from a too-slow source most likely.

Bushwick

Sep 16, 2015
Hi I am getting the "performance has been in the best state" also. How do I fix this. My box was working one day and then this has popped up. Anybody????