sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi all,
Received an email from DB this morning letting me know they have a new update out for the T8s Plus. Has anyone on the forum run this and do you have to start afresh again after running it ie. Lose all apps downloaded and openelec/kodi configurations? TIA

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
Ran it yesterday, the Kodi sign has changed to Droid box media centre.. The games store has been added in apps and the OTA app has changed.

All my other apps and wookie working fine, and the registration app is now working.

Reactions: sean99

mark davies

Feb 21, 2016
hereford
tried the download,20 minutes and 0% downloaded and being told i have to do a factory reset and lose everything ?? dont think i will bother to be honest

Reactions: Eddyad

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Ok mate I ran the update with my Ethernet connected and it only dawned on me after a few minutes waiting to disconnect and use the wifi.

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
For those who are connected via Ethernet then untick WIFI Box on the top right corner of the screen to update T8-S PLUS.

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
tried the download,20 minutes and 0% downloaded and being told i have to do a factory reset and lose everything ?? dont think i will bother to be honest
Same for me on Ethernet. Connected to wifi and it started downloading straight away but it is now stalled on 58%. I will leave it awhile and see what happens.

Panther

Nov 27, 2015
after the update it freezes on blue screen don't what do? Ethernet on unticked wifi
I did the update yesterday. Thought everything was ok but when I restarted the box later on it freezes with a blue picture of a blurry island! Had to do a full reset and lose all previous settings/downloads!

David Smyth

Mar 10, 2016
Same for me. It updated fine but got the blue island screen later that evening and had to do a factory reset. Took a couple of hours to get it all back to where it was before update. My understanding is that's it's got something to do with the new game app which you get with the update so being very careful what I click on until it's sorted.

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
Hi all, if you get a blue island screen then you need to factory reset your device and then remove the DroidBOX Play Market app. look like it's the app causing that trouble. Meanwhile we are working on the fix for DBX Play Market will announce it in our blog once done...