nelvinchi

Jan 1, 2015
Hi,

Have had my Q7 since Christmas, not been used a lot, but generally I'm pretty happy with it....

BUT, every time it is used (only use XBMC), after about 30 minutes it starts to get really hot, then switches off - when I say hot, I mean it you can barely touch it.... It takes at least 30 minutes to cool down enough to power it back on. Bottom line, we haven't manages to finish watching a film without it shutting down.
It sits on a unit with nothing near-by...

Hardware fault?

Thanks!

Paul Thompson

Dec 16, 2014
Hi,

Have had my Q7 since Christmas, not been used a lot, but generally I'm pretty happy with it....

BUT, every time it is used (only use XBMC), after about 30 minutes it starts to get really hot, then switches off - when I say hot, I mean it you can barely touch it.... It takes at least 30 minutes to cool down enough to power it back on. Bottom line, we haven't manages to finish watching a film without it shutting down.
It sits on a unit with nothing near-by...

Hardware fault?

Thanks!
I have the same problem but i found by placing a laptop fan underneath the unit has worked

nelvinchi

Jan 1, 2015
We can try a new power supply, just in case that is causing the issue. If that doesn't help, we'll repair or replace it.

Hi SS,

Apologies for the late response - the replacement power supply seems to have solved the problem....

Would like to say that your customer service is fantastic, received the replacement PSU within two days of reporting the problem!

Many thanks!