twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hello

I have a T8-S Plus v1 which I have had for about 2yrs now. Started noticing in the last few weeks that the box keeps randomly rebooting itself either after I have just switched it on or when I go into SPMC even more so than before. It used to happen when I used Kodi.

I do not use Kodi just the SPMC from Koying's website (16.7.1). I have gone into OTA Updates and there is no updates available. Using Build Version LMY47V.20170310. On one occasion when I switched the box on, there was just a blue screen. Had to switch it off and on again.

Have also noticed while watching one particular tv show (The King of Queens) that the screen suddenly goes black but I can hear the audio. I am constantly clearing the cache inside and outside SPMC and the box.

Anybody have any ideas?

Regards

twa96

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Have you got a hard drive installed inside the Plus v1? If so, and it WAS NOT prefitted to the model by DroidBOX themselves, can you try temporarily removing the hard drive. If this improves stability, you might need a new power supply. If the drive happens to be a 7200RPM (so not SSD, nor traditional laptop 5400RPM speed), might be worth seeing if a less power hungry drive helps.

You mentioned clearing the box's cache, have you also tried a full on factory reset?
If you do try this, don't install ANY new applications or builds in Kodi/DBMC, just install one or two individual video add-ons (iPlayer WWW and YouTube, both from the official Kodi repository are the ones I normally test with). If stable at this point, slowly install your normal apps/builds/wizards one at a time until the culprit is found, then search for a replacement that doesn't cause the same issues.

If you switch to the LibreELEC operating system, is it stable there (compared to Android).

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hi Chris

There is no hard drive that I can see.

I will use the factory reset as a last resort. I am trying to get the latest update for LibreELEC as I am still on version 7.0.3 (Operating system: LibreELEC community).

I wil download Kodi and see if that is more stable now.

Regards

twa96

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Hi, for your black screen with audio issue have you tried different combinations of the harware acceleration settings in spmc? Try here:- https://goo.gl/toVVNx spmc setting is in the same place as kodi setting in vid. Regarding an update to krypton for libreelec dbx are still working on this for the T8s+ v1

Last edited:

twa96

Aug 13, 2016
Hi sean99

I have disabled all the hardware acceleration settings which has worked. Just need to switch them all back on when watching live sports.

Thank you

twa96

Reactions: 8bitDev and sean99

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi sean99

I have disabled all the hardware acceleration settings which has worked. Just need to switch them all back on when watching live sports.

Thank you

twa96
Hi

This is why we have DBMC which have different install directory and settings configuration that does not overlap with Kodi,so you can have both installations with different configuration,comparing with using only one and having to edit settings depending on the media that you are using.

Regards

RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I was having similar random reboots on DBMC since I bought the V1 box. After switching over to LibreELEC 8.0.1 with Kodi 17.1, it is a pleasure to use and watch on the V1 box. If you use the V1 box exclusively for Kodi and does not need the android OS, I suggest you to switch-over to LibreELEC 8.0.1/Kodi 17.1. Though they say it is still in beta, it is rock solid and should be converted to OTA update IMHO.

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/...h-kodi-17-1-test-for-t8-s-plus-v1.9493/page-2

LibreELEC 8.0.2 with Kodi 17.3 beta still has some teething problems of switching over to android from Kodi 17.3. So don't use that update.

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
I was having similar random reboots on DBMC since I bought the V1 box. After switching over to LibreELEC 8.0.1 with Kodi 17.1, it is a pleasure to use and watch on the V1 box. If you use the V1 box exclusively for Kodi and does not need the android OS, I suggest you to switch-over to LibreELEC 8.0.1/Kodi 17.1. Though they say it is still in beta, it is rock solid and should be converted to OTA update IMHO.

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/...h-kodi-17-1-test-for-t8-s-plus-v1.9493/page-2

LibreELEC 8.0.2 with Kodi 17.3 beta still has some teething problems of switching over to android from Kodi 17.3. So don't use that update.
LibreElec 8.0.1 kodi 17.1 has been taken down from the forum and replaced with the link for the 8.0.2 kodi 17.3 that is useless as it will only let you boot into LibreElec so why bother with a dual boot device. Not sure why dbx are dragging this out for months on end as V1 users are disgruntled enough with a device that doesn't do what it says on the tin.