Czarcasm

Sep 21, 2014
Box is uselessly stuck on Load screen despite dozens of attempts at a factory reset.

Have also tried flashing the firmware from the link i got when my box developed issues previously.

No joy.

Czarcasm

Sep 21, 2014
Strangely i can get it to fully load to a bare install by choosing load from EXT at reset screen. by loading the preinstall.zip from the sd card it will boot, but without any apps at all installed.

I then installed winzip from play store and loaded showbox and videomix from the sd card. When trying to install xbmc it obviously needs rebooted to finish the droidbox wizard.
This then took me back to where i started , at the load android animation.

Theres obviously a file that isnt loading, and i'm puzzled as to why loading the preinstall.zip allows it to load as as far as i am aware, that folder is just apps.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Finished work a while ago, can I check if your e-mail was replied to?
I remember one case like this about 10 months ago, where flashing a different firmware first, then the most recent one made a difference. Can you let us know the filename of the firmware archive please, we'll see if we can get this sorted...

Czarcasm

Sep 21, 2014
No email from support yet.

Currently at work, as soon as i get home i will post the firmware version number.

Czarcasm

Sep 21, 2014
Just to let you guys know.
I installed the firmware sent by support, (1.1.5 220514) and it seems to be holding. Although it is back to the 3D launcher, which isnt as easy to use as the launcher in the version i was using (18042014_OTA_)

Looked on play for a decent launcher, but most seem to be for phones rather than media boxes.I may go into that old version and take out the launcher.

A big thank you, and fingers crossed.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If your remote control has an Air Mouse function, or a touchpad, I quite like the Go Launcher Ex (or whichever precise title they give it this month!) from the Play Store. It is a pain if you only have cursor keys on your remote, but the flexibility to tweak it beyond the stock Android launcher look is quite good.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex&hl=en , right now - Go Launcher Ex free theme, fast - is their SEO stuffed title!

Czarcasm

Sep 21, 2014
Yeah i have one of your vip remotes.

Tried the Go launcher, didnt like it.

Have found a decent one here... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.squarehome&hl=en

SquareHome.Tablet (Launcher)
ScreenHunter_25Jan291919_zps861326e1.jpg

They have a phone version, and a tablet version (which the above link leads to).
So far i've found it very customisable, and keeps the desktop nice and clean.

Last edited: