pitpony30

Dec 13, 2014
I got my T8 yesterday and after setting up, I can't get anything to work. On Show box I can get to a film for example and press watch and it just goes to the next film. Xbmc not alot of links show up but when they do, nothing plays. Script errors, files not found etc. I have BT fibre optic. Is that the problem?

pitpony30

Dec 13, 2014
my bt firewall is not like that.

Configuration
Default:
bt_radio_selected.gif
Allow all outgoing connections and block all unsolicited incoming traffic. Games and application sharing is allowed.
empty.gif

Block all:
bt_radio.gif
Block all incoming and outgoing traffic. Rules set in 'Port Forwarding' and 'IPv6 Pinholes' will not have any effect.
empty.gif

Disabled:
bt_radio.gif
Allows all traffic to pass through the Firewall. Note: you’ll still need to use the Port Forwarding feature to make sure that certain applications work properly.
empty.gif
empty.gif
empty.gif

bt_button_left.gif
Apply
bt_button_right.gif

empty.gif

empty.gif
empty.gif
empty.gif

bt_button_left.gif
Cancel

empty.gif

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
@pitpony30 Did you get sorted? I too have BT fibre optic and have a Q7 running perfectly. However when I tried to connect another Q7 to the router I kept getting script failed messages. After much hair pulling it turns out that whenever a new device is connected it will automatically turn on the parental controls. I had checked my BT online account to check the status and no controls had been set. The solution in my case was to open the browser on my Q7 (from the android home screen) and up came a message from BT showing a parental controls screen which was set to active by default. I don't know if this will help you out but it is worth a try.
I did post my problem on the forum at the time so it might be worth a look.
http://droidboxforums.com/threads/new-q7-and-xbmc-kick-out-issues-and-script-errors.401/

Reactions: ChrisM

pitpony30

Dec 13, 2014
@pitpony30 Did you get sorted? I too have BT fibre optic and have a Q7 running perfectly. However when I tried to connect another Q7 to the router I kept getting script failed messages. After much hair pulling it turns out that whenever a new device is connected it will automatically turn on the parental controls. I had checked my BT online account to check the status and no controls had been set. The solution in my case was to open the browser on my Q7 (from the android home screen) and up came a message from BT showing a parental controls screen which was set to active by default. I don't know if this will help you out but it is worth a try.
I did post my problem on the forum at the time so it might be worth a look.
http://droidboxforums.com/threads/new-q7-and-xbmc-kick-out-issues-and-script-errors.401/
Thank you for your response. I opened the browser and it goes straight to google so I'm still confused with it. I tried to follow the suggestion of the bt firewall and my bt network controlling is different

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Sounds like there are no parental controls active. Have you tried changing those settings in the configuration that you posted from default to disabled?

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Yeh I know what you mean but as a first step it may be worthwhile trying it and then if there is no change then at least you can rule that one out. I don't use any of the BT security features so maybe this is at the root of your problems.

pitpony30

Dec 13, 2014
I can use the latest movies on Genesis bit nothing else. Any live sports menus that I go to just come up blank or just show up one level. Other movie sites keep saying errors and check log etc. Very frustrating

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Did you disable the firewall? It does sound like it is getting blocked by BT. As I remember, when I was having problems some of the addons partially worked before I got to the cause of the problem.

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Are any of the other ad dons working now? Icefilms isn't working now as I think it is down.

pitpony30

Dec 13, 2014
I'm getting quite a few to work now. I went to the bt hub 5 and took off the smart setup. I still get the script error istream quite a few times still