lawrence

Nov 5, 2016
I've had my T8-S for over a year, but just discovered that there is no analogue audio output via the RCA sockets when using Openelec. It works fine in Android and audio via HDMI is good. None of the settings have any effect, so I'm puzzled.
Is there any resolution for this, since others seem to have the same problem?

lawrence

Nov 5, 2016
Yes, I believe so. I've been through just about every option in "Expert Level", including setting defaults.
I'm reluctant to reset the openelec operating system for obvious reasons, but that's the only thing I haven't tried.
It's not a major issue, though it does mean that I must have the TV on at all times, I can't just listen to the audio.

lawrence

Nov 5, 2016
Many thanks. Having looked through the thread, it seems that the RCA sockets / analogue output is not supported within openelec, so I was wasting my time fiddling with settings.
In the meantime, I've discovered that my TV allows the screen to be switched off completely. Also discovered that a dissused minidisk player acts as a reasonable d to a converter allowing the droidbox's optical output to be used. So the problem is solved, kind of...