Road2Ruin

Oct 2, 2015
I received my B52 controller yesterday and sat down this morning to have a play.

Stuck the receiver in the USB slot, turned on the controller and.......nothing. There is a flashing blue light at the top of the controller but nothing happens with the box.

The controller is fully charged and the receiver is correctly plugged into the box so not sure what else I am missing or whether I've just been unlucky and got a duff unit?

Previously I was using the mini i8 and that you just plugged in and it worked straight off.

Any suggestions gratefully received!!

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Do any functions operate? If you switch the box on manually do the controls then operate correctly e.g. mouse controls, ok button etc? Depending on your reply there may be a fix.

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
I received my B52 controller yesterday and sat down this morning to have a play.

Stuck the receiver in the USB slot, turned on the controller and.......nothing. There is a flashing blue light at the top of the controller but nothing happens with the box.

The controller is fully charged and the receiver is correctly plugged into the box so not sure what else I am missing or whether I've just been unlucky and got a duff unit?

Previously I was using the mini i8 and that you just plugged in and it worked straight off.

Any suggestions gratefully received!!

Hello,

Follow the below video to calibrate B52 properly an then it shall work:

Hope it helps you out.

Reactions: David Savage

Road2Ruin

Oct 2, 2015
Qaisir - thank you for your replay however this isn't to do with calibration as the air mouse part works fine, it's the buttons that I am having difficulties with.

Nigelar - If I manually start the box then the remote works fine although the power button doesn't seem to turn it on and it only seems to put the box into a sleep mode rather than fully off. There seem to be a few issues with other buttons e.g. the back button doesn't always go back but opens a separate menu!! Is this fixable?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok good. You've got a common known issue with these type of remotes (I'll call it a "air mouse" in the following solution).
You can teach the mouse functions from the provided crappy remote, like the on/off button. Follow these instructions. The video may also help. Hopefully it will work with your particular type of mouse. It works for the VIP remote.

Place original supplied remote and air mouse end to end beam side facing.
Press the tv button on the air mouse until the rapidly flashing red light slows down - it is now entering learning mode.
Press the on/off button on the original remote once. This sends the code to the air mouse.
Press the on/off button on the air mouse once to read the code.
Press ok.
Worked first time for me. Suspect it may need some faffing about if it doesn't work first time for you.

Video

Reactions: Road2Ruin

Road2Ruin

Oct 2, 2015
Nigelar, that's excellent info, thank you! Will have a go when I am back indoors tonight.

Road2Ruin

Oct 2, 2015
Thanks again for your suggestions Nigelar, sadly no good as the B52 seems to have different buttons to the VIP!

Can anyone from the Tech support side let me know how you can map buttons on the B52 as I am struggling at the moment.

bigshoogs

Mar 28, 2015
This is the remote I've just received and I can't get it to pair with my m5 box. I've followed the instructions and tried all USB ports but still nothing
c59952ac9c147cba0748948177428af5.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Thanks again for your suggestions Nigelar, sadly no good as the B52 seems to have different buttons to the VIP!

Can anyone from the Tech support side let me know how you can map buttons on the B52 as I am struggling at the moment.

I think the same principle applies though. Does the remote in the video match yours? It is usually only the on/off button that needs remapping.

Road2Ruin

Oct 2, 2015
I think they are slightly different and in the video, as it's quite dark, I cannot make out the buttons that are being pressed. The subs say that it's the 'SET' button that needs to be pressed in order to start the 'learning' process however my remote doesn't have that button....or at least not one that is immediately obvious! This is what I have....

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
road2ruin - have a look at this thread.

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/remote-controls.3617/

Looks like someone had a similar issue a few months ago. Seems there may be 2 versions of the b52 mouse, the later one not supporting IR code mapping.
Silently Screaming's reply said "There is more than one version of the B52 (which was also previously know as the i25), the newer version doesn't learn IR codes, but normally has the buttons assigned in advance for our models."
I think your best bet is to contact support by email or live chat. Silently Screaming was replying on this issue so he will know how to fix it.

Reactions: Road2Ruin

Road2Ruin

Oct 2, 2015
road2ruin - have a look at this thread.

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/remote-controls.3617/

Looks like someone had a similar issue a few months ago. Seems there may be 2 versions of the b52 mouse, the later one not supporting IR code mapping.
Silently Screaming's reply said "There is more than one version of the B52 (which was also previously know as the i25), the newer version doesn't learn IR codes, but normally has the buttons assigned in advance for our models."
I think your best bet is to contact support by email or live chat. Silently Screaming was replying on this issue so he will know how to fix it.

Nigelar, thanks again for your help on this! Sadly it appears that the remote will have to be replaced as it cannot learn IR codes as per the response you found above. It's a pity they decided to go down this route, I'm sure most would find it useful to reassign the odd button that isn't used regularly!

Ackowildcat

Dec 14, 2015
Having same problem with mine done all the videos, One odd thing with mine is if i have it plug into my T8 plus via usb lead provided it seems to work as in you can move to other icons on on kodi and the airmouse pointer moves all over the place cant control its movements wtf is going on

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Having same problem with mine done all the videos, One odd thing with mine is if i have it plug into my T8 plus via usb lead provided it seems to work as in you can move to other icons on on kodi and the airmouse pointer moves all over the place cant control its movements wtf is going on
Hi

Please take a look at this video

Regards

Road2Ruin

Oct 2, 2015
Just thought I'd post an update which may help others later on who have the issue that I faced....

The remote power button does not switch on a DroidBOX as the DroidBOX switches off the USB ports when switched off. This is one of the limitations of USB. If you want to switch on a DroidBOX with a remote you would need to use an infra-red one such as the one supplied with the DroidBOX or the VIP remote. The fast forward and reverse buttons are application dependant.

Reactions: Bradley and 8bitDev

bigshoogs

Mar 28, 2015
My problem now is that the air mouse 'kicks in' all the time and I'd rather have it turned off completely tbh.....also it seems to be affecting the keypad.....If I press u for instance it's fine but a second later I'll press it again and it turns into a backspace/delete button.all very strange

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
My problem now is that the air mouse 'kicks in' all the time and I'd rather have it turned off completely tbh.....also it seems to be affecting the keypad.....If I press u for instance it's fine but a second later I'll press it again and it turns into a backspace/delete button.all very strange

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Hi

Can you please email us at [email protected] with your particular problem together with order ID.

Regards