sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Alan after the wizard completes the install press ok and pull the power lead out of back of box as Dave mentioned. Ps. Clear data in settings 1st.

Last edited:

AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
Hi David, I'll give it a try, I didn't unplug the power plug but I did remove the ethernet cable, are the settings within Kodi or outside of it?, also what do you mean by kodi(DBMC) ? are there different versions with the Android Droidbox?

Cheers

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hello @AlanC
Once the Wizard installation finishes you don't need to remove the Ethernet cable, just unplug the power plug and then replug it.
After that go back into Kodi and give it around 10-15mins till all the Addons will update and then you can use the Addons you want.
For clearing cache on Kodi you can follow the below steps:
->From the Home screen of your Box go into Settings( two cogs)>More settings>Apps>Kodi.
->Now click on Force Stop and Clear Cache.
With regard to kodi versions yes DroidBox put out its own version which is called DBMC

Last edited:

AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
Hi All, Many thanks for all your help last week, Seans build appears to be working fine :), is there any advantage to running the wookie build on openelec or shall I just carry on with Android.?
Also, does anyone know of any addons or streams to Globo TV in Brasil?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
On openelec there are no background apps running plus it's stripped down so it should run faster..Sean has a version for this in the wookie and community builds.
You can set up two builds and customise them, if you have kids you could set a build safe for there viewing.
Not sure on the other sorry.

Reactions: sean99

AlanC

Oct 10, 2016
With the openelec version, do you just add the source then run the wizard?. The reason I ask is because there is app installer like there is for android. It would also be good if there was a way to organise your favourite channels, perhaps you can do this but I could not find this easily.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I would run the wizard 1st as it needs to be a fresh install. Then after it restarts and updates add-ons you can add what you want.
As for favourites you could delete all, then just add the ones you need.
To delete them go to system, then underneath go to file manager and scroll down to profile directory. Now go to favourites and press menu or 'c' on your keyboard and then delete. This should remove all favourites inside kodi.

Good luck

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hello @AlanC
I would personally suggest you to install Addons individually on OpenELEC side, the Addons that are your Favorite or the one you like to have on Kodi
You can search google how to install the particular Addon on kodi and you will get the best results.