Steviejt@63

Jul 12, 2016
Bought T8-S Plus last week and working well to date. Installed The Beast on main DBMS (Kodi), Wookie on OpenElec and HyperTT on SPMC as a third back up. All working very well, but I can not get Ares Wizard to launch that I used a lot and prefer Pulse build. I have installed the current 0.43 zip script, but the Ares Icon will not launch from programs! 'could not find Kodi log file Try restarting Kodi' appears. SPMC says 'error and check log' and OpenElec no better. Both of last 2 builds have the Ares addons pre installed and updated. My ISP is not blocking as I can get Ares wizard working on my second older box and 2 sticks in bedrooms. Been a Kodite 6 months and still learning, though can't work this out and it has to be the Droidbox configuration issue! Help please anyone!

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Ares currently undergoing maintenance and it's partially working on openelec and windows. Not working on android and the check log or couldn't find kodi log are the errors it's throwing up. Nothing wrong your end its just across the board.

Steviejt@63

Jul 12, 2016
Hi Sean, thanks for getting back on my first ever thread! (anywhere by way). I had read the Ares maintenance thing but wondered why I was able to launch the 'current & partial' Ares Wiz on my M8S box in bedroom (and tablet) but nowhere on my new T8S! Thought it must be new box prob!

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Thanks for that as am also using T8-s plus and presumed it was an android thing, think we are just going to have to bite the bullet and see how things pan out when ares are back at full capacity Stevie.

Reactions: Sal

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
It may, also, be your ISP like smart setup in BT as it will only restrict new devices and not those already installed. Check if the web pages are opening OK on the Web Browser.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Thanks for that ss as I thought it was just associated with dbmc.

Steviejt@63

Jul 12, 2016
It may, also, be your ISP like smart setup in BT as it will only restrict new devices and not those already installed. Check if the web pages are opening OK on the Web Browser.
Hi Eddyad, web pages worked straight away (on virgin fibre), sure it's something dbmc have embedded (or not). Thanks for getting back.

Steviejt@63

Jul 12, 2016
DBMC.log isn't searched for by Ares Wizard.
Kodi.log and SPMC.log (for Kodi and SPMC repsectively) are picked up happily.
Has been reported to Ares, shouldn't be difficult to fix hopefully, as just needs an additional filename to check for when accessing the log.

You can manually copy a kodi.log file to the DBMC data folder, or @hushamdroidbox has a more elegant solution here - https://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/ares-projects-problem-installing-on-dbmc.6255/
Hi SS, this may be my problem solver. Also sounds a bit techie too!!. Reading this on my phone so will have to check out your kind link when home. Thanks

Steviejt@63

Jul 12, 2016
Hi SS, this may be my problem solver. Also sounds a bit techie too!!. Reading this on my phone so will have to check out your kind link when home. Thanks
Hi SS and all, hushams fix worked on dbmc. Not yet on SPMC but might need tweaking and not too bothered for that anyway. Thanks for all help and well done husham. Good forum base

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, DBMC has been updated to version: 16.3-0, so you can add Ares Wizard as normal.
You can get the update for DBMC from the Driodbox Market on your box. I updated without clearing data everything ok in the build i'm using, if you update without clearing data go to the program addons in the build you are using highlight Ares (press c on keypad or menu button on remote select addon information and uninstall it) now go to System > Add-ons > Install from zip file > and reinstall it, it may take a little bit time to download.

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
DBMC and Ares Wizard working fine again here, cheers!

On a side note is the Droidbox Husham the same as the other Husham lol? (Sorry had to ask)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok getyers, not to worry. Go to the section of the forum that refers to your Droidbox (t8s, t8s plus or t8 mini?) and open a new post giving as full an explanation as possible of what you were doing e.g. Are you booting into android and then accessing openelec via the droidbox openelec icon or trying to boot directly into openelec? Is the return to android selection available to you on the openelec exit button etc. Name the Droidbox you have. Have you made any changes e.g done any OTA updates and so on.