davedd

Sep 23, 2014
Hi,
need a little advice troubleshooting with problem T8s + v1. I have factory reset because it switched itself off and would not come back on for long enough to finish boot up. After being unplugged overnight I managed to get it to boot set location and go into apps. Unit then switched itself off as I went to google problem.
Whenever I switched back on (front button) It got as far as starting android then began to optimise apps but before it finished was switching back off. Factory reset again (not sure if was a good idea but did it anyway) no change. note- had no HDD or sata cable plugged in no memory card fitted. Just 2 wireless dongles and a usb memory stick. Cable connection to network no wireless password set.
Removed all usb's swapped hdmi cable and plugged power in at a different mains socket. Unit is now on and appears stable using IR remote.
So can an HDMI cable trigger power offs? Can a usb controller dongle or flash memory stick cause power off, or should I be looking at the power supply?
Do I need to install any updates while I have the unit on before messing about?
Same network cable is being used and new HDMI cable is into same port on TV with working setup.
regards
Dave

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi,
need a little advice troubleshooting with problem T8s + v1. I have factory reset because it switched itself off and would not come back on for long enough to finish boot up. After being unplugged overnight I managed to get it to boot set location and go into apps. Unit then switched itself off as I went to google problem.
Whenever I switched back on (front button) It got as far as starting android then began to optimise apps but before it finished was switching back off. Factory reset again (not sure if was a good idea but did it anyway) no change. note- had no HDD or sata cable plugged in no memory card fitted. Just 2 wireless dongles and a usb memory stick. Cable connection to network no wireless password set.
Removed all usb's swapped hdmi cable and plugged power in at a different mains socket. Unit is now on and appears stable using IR remote.
So can an HDMI cable trigger power offs? Can a usb controller dongle or flash memory stick cause power off, or should I be looking at the power supply?
Do I need to install any updates while I have the unit on before messing about?
Same network cable is being used and new HDMI cable is into same port on TV with working setup.
regards
Dave
Hi

Can you try to open recovery menu and see if box would shut itself down on its own from there.If not then:

You can try to replace the firmware on your box and see if that fix the issue.

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/firmware-links-for-t8-s-plus-v1-devices.10001/

Regards

michaeltt

Jan 2, 2017
I had similar but different issue, mine was over heating. upgrading the firmware seems to of fixed it