1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVI / Phono (RCA) / SCART Instead Of HDMI

Discussion in 'DroiX (ex-DroidBOX) T8-S/T8-S Plus OpenELEC' started by Roger, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Roger

Roger New Member

Hi all. Iv'e had my T8s for about 3 months now with a few teething problems. I have my T8s connected via
    the Phono (RCA) cables to my 3 year old LG Hdd recorder, in the android system i don't have any problems,
    but when i switch to the OpenElec side of the T8s i loose both sound and vision. Can any one shed any
    light on this problem? Is There a fix i use in OpenElec? thanks in advance Roger

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, unfortunately it's limitation of OpenELEC and we are not able to overcome this - Bluetooth, and audio out are not available in OpenELEC. We are looking into solution for this issue and will inform if solution will be available.

3. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator

Video being lost - can you run the latest update (when connected temporarily via HDMI). See https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/t8-s-ota-update-for-openelec/ for more info on the process. If that works, then check if your HDD recorder has S/PDIF (digital audio that isn't co-ax) audio input.