MLJ

Nov 14, 2015
Can Anyone help, I have the T8s Open Elec box only had it for a couple of weeks and still on a very steep learning curve, i have just fitted a 1TB HDD, but this does not appear to have been recognised by the device ( does not show up under the storage tab), is there something else I should have done

AndrewKL

Staff member
Jul 28, 2014
Hi,

yes follow the link from angela and you will find all needed info.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sorry just notice that your 1st post said you have a T8-S....if you go to apps in the main boot menu (when your box starts up). It's normally the circle with 6 dots in, here you should find openelec.
You can make a short cut for this by clicking on the -/+, then adding openelec by clicking on it.

Good luck

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
Hello MLJ,

For switching to OpenElec side from Android side you will need to click on the app named as Switch To OpenElec.
You can find the app in your full list of apps.
You can access your full list of apps by clicking on Circle with 6 dots near the bottom of the Home Screen (Screen where you see Settings, XBMC Media Centre, Clock and other icons)
Then scroll down and find Switch To OpenElec app and click on it and it will take you to the OpenElec side.

Check this video our on setting up the Open Elec side:

(Above video also cover formatting HDD which is necessary for HDD to be recognized)

Additionally you can also watch this video on formatting HDD in OpenElec side:

MLJ

Nov 14, 2015
Thanks
All
but I'm still having trouble trying to get the box to recognise my HDD, firstly I tried as in the how to video and lost everything including rookie, and had to start again.
got everything back and running now, when i go to Open Elec the wording seems different to the video, mine says Formatting Internal HDD, and warns the you will lose all from this disc, is their a separate menu to format the additional HDD????????

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks
All
but I'm still having trouble trying to get the box to recognise my HDD, firstly I tried as in the how to video and lost everything including rookie, and had to start again.
got everything back and running now, when i go to Open Elec the wording seems different to the video, mine says Formatting Internal HDD, and warns the you will lose all from this disc, is their a separate menu to format the additional HDD????????
Hi

Can you please test the HDD in android first.

Please switch back to android(go to power OFF button on openELEC next to a star,and click on Switch back to android)

After that,once you are in android please open Es File Explorer

Once you open it,from top left dropdown menu,please click on local,and under local try to find sda.

If you dont see it,and if there is no any external media detected,please check HDD again if you properly connected it with the box.

Also,it would be nice if you could test HDD on a PC ,or some other device so you could see if it works properly.

Regards

Reactions: David Savage

MLJ

Nov 14, 2015
Thanks for the info, i will get my son to test the drive, ( use a macbook so can't test it myself), ill get back to you when I get the test result, but it should be OK as it is a western digital blue 1tb drive ( New & Unused)