RobD

Oct 16, 2016
So the update is out, have done it, all seems to work bar the one thing that almost everyone complains about - the constantly spinning weather widget that never works - you couldn't even fix that? Come on Droidbox ... get it sorted.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Have you tried re- downloading the update and choosing update with reset?

thats the thing on the Android side the LAN is not working so cant re install the update :mad:, but works fine in libreELEC, just doing another full reset now see if i can fix it. no joy

Last edited:

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Silly question, have you booted back to android from the shutdown menu on the libre side?

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Silly question, have you booted back to android from the shutdown menu on the libre side?

yes still no luck, this is just my luck, if i had no bad luck i would have no luck at all ;)

now i boot back to libreELEC and its working fine, odd

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
when i do the full reset then after the box boots up on the Android side i do get 2 errors 1 is something about the google play store and i get some other error just just disappears to fast for me to read it.

in libreELEC no problems my lan works usb flash drives works and i can see my 120GB ssd.

NikoB

Jan 16, 2016
Maybe a mod can remote access and sort you out. Have you updated all your apps through the store? The store itself probably needs updating after a reset..

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Maybe a mod can remote access and sort you out. Have you updated all your apps through the store? The store itself probably needs updating after a reset..

well thats part of the problem my LAN dont work on the android side since i did the update, i got wifi working but will not connect keep getting some error, if i boot into libreELEC no problems my lan works usb flash drives works iptv works, just the Android side of the box is dead.

on the android side i cant connect to the internet.

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
Tried to download over Ethernet, but unable to "connect with server". Changed to wifi and no problem. I can now use libreelec which is much faster android.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
i been up all night trying to fix my box, it looks like the firmware didn't update correctly :(
when i boot to android nothing works no internet nothing, but in librelec its working fine, i must of done a full reset 50 times. droidbox phone is going to be hot at 10am ;)

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sorry to here this, after you did the OTA update and it rebooted did you set up your connection for Ethernet. It should have popped up with screen size and country too.
Check in setting (2 cogs) to set your connection type up...good luck.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
i been on the phone with Chris at tec support, there is a problem on the android side of the box, so the box is on the way back to Droidbox.

i would just like to say thanks to Chris and Shaun for the support.

dkranz

Aug 1, 2016
Just updates,is optimizing Android then it goes back to bootscreen,feel a Guinea pig,first i had a wifi Problem send the box back,got a New box.now this,i am FU...ing mad

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Did they offer any explanation as to why it happened on your box only?

nope its a odd one cos it works fine on libreelec but the android side will not connect to the internet or see my usb drives or my internal ssd drive,