andy147

Sep 8, 2014
I have the imx6 droidbox but when trying to watch hd 720p or 1080 it just seems to buffer like mad. I ran a speed test from the box via wifi and this came in at just over 19 meg so speed is not the problem I have seen something about clearing cache which I did to no avail so anyone got any ideas

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
Hi Andy.
You need to go to settings -> Apps -> XBMC. Then select "clear data". After data get cleared. Go to XBMC ( you should get "Running for first time" message) and once you are in XBMC go to Videos-> Addons -> DroidBOX wizard and run addons pack for DroidBOX iMX6.
That should fix buffering.

andy147

Sep 8, 2014
Is it just me or is it that the imx6 is just a load of rubbish I am constantly having to reset format or wipe just to be able to use it. Just getting so pissed wit it now

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Is it a load of rubbish? No.

Is it very easy to find yourself trying to watch video streams that are on servers owned by hosting company's that aren't able to to provide free sources for high bandwidth files without performance issues? Yes.

I've got most of our models in use at home. I don't expect my iMX6 or M6 to play back 1080p videos as easily as my T8, in the same way that my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone is able to run some apps a lot better than my ageing Samsung Galaxy Ace2.

If you purchased your iMX6 prior to April/May 2014, send us an e-mail (with the info mentioned here - http://droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/ ) and we'll check if there is a newer firmware for your device.

andy147

Sep 8, 2014
This has nothing to do do with streaming video and audio from whatever source or quality but that the box will not hold onto any settings or software put into it I am today at this moment reinstalling setup from sd card Whic I have taken to leaving inserted into the box cos it has to be reinstalled every week. The imx6 no longer has the software rooted cos the first time I had to reset to factory settings everything was wipped including rooted files set by droidbox so have to be done via sd card all the time.the box was used last night to watch something yet this morning there was nothing on box not even xbmc .everything goes in ok I restart by Un plying power from back leave in most cases longer than 20 mins just to make sure a software installed ok but it still all disappeared after a few days. The firmware is up to date as I got the box sept 2014 but I don't think it a firmware issue anyway

andy147

Sep 8, 2014
Hi just wondering if you have received the imx6 droidbox I sent as the royal mail tracking status has not updated since I sent it on 9th

andy147

Sep 8, 2014
Thanks been onto royal mail automated phone line and it says could take upto 15 days to show on there site so will have to wait till next week now to see if it shows up

andy147

Sep 8, 2014
Just to let you know I received replacement box and has run for 2 weeks with absolutely no problems thanks for your help

Reactions: ChrisM

kitkat

Dec 14, 2014
I've had the same problem for a while now. Internet speeds are fine, tried clearing the data and installing it again many times even let it buffer fully and the video is still jerky any ideas please?

kitkat

Dec 14, 2014
i have done what you said and now i have no video and just sound? sounds like its playing fine without interruptions thou