Jim Thomas

Dec 29, 2015
Edwin,
Hanging off a few days installing OS v107 for obvious reasons.
In the meantime I'd be interested in the results of your testing:
a) is stuttering video in LibreELEC fixed?
b) is the issue of unwritable drives in Android now fixed?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
@CayenneGTS , probably android - settings - about will tell you what box you have but you could also check your order details and the packaging if you still have it.

A t8s update has not been advertised but i believe some testing is being done.

bez

Jan 11, 2016
Have you tried going to setting (Two cogs) then apps, and look for the OTA updater. Now click here and then force stop and then clear data. This should fix this issue..
Now the last update for the T8-S plus was only a few weeks ago. Not sure if it was pulled as some issues were being looked into by droidbox so hang five for now.
Alright David savage
my brother tried the force stop then clear data on the OTA settings but didn't work, still said available update to 1.4 which he did again to see if it would make a difference, but when his t8-s plus gamers edition come back on it said emergency calls only, and please enter pin, he turned it off and on again and it was back to normal but still saying update to 1.4.
It's never really been right ever since I bought it for him.
don't know if you have got any more suggestions but if you do it would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Has he updated it to 1.4. as this is why it might be showing.
If he's have loads of issues then might be worth doing a factory reset, this should take it back to how he got it. Also try clearing data again in the OTA updater again, then reboot.

Good luck

Reactions: sblabs

bez

Jan 11, 2016
Has he updated it to 1.4. as this is why it might be showing.
If he's have loads of issues then might be worth doing a factory reset, this should take it back to how he got it. Also try clearing data again in the OTA updater again, then reboot.

Good luck
Yeah he's done full factory reset many a times, when he does the clear cache and then full factory reset, it says no misc volume found, could this be a issue or is that normal, but I will tell him to try what you said again. Sorry for bombarding you with questions / issues mate but appreciate the help

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Edwin,
Hanging off a few days installing OS v107 for obvious reasons.
In the meantime I'd be interested in the results of your testing:
a) is stuttering video in LibreELEC fixed?
b) is the issue of unwritable drives in Android now fixed?

Hi jim, no the unwritable drives in Android is not fixed, i have not ran SDfix yet, as i am diagnosing some problems i am having on the LAN port on the droidbox, as for libreELEC i never had any problems with stuttering video in LibreELEC .

Jim SDfix installs fine on v107 but it dont work, i still get unwritable drives when trying to backup to my SSD drive.

Last edited:

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Yeah he's done full factory reset many a times, when he does the clear cache and then full factory reset, it says no misc volume found, could this be a issue or is that normal, but I will tell him to try what you said again. Sorry for bombarding you with questions / issues mate but appreciate the help
Sorry I'm not sure on the message, maybe someone else can help.
If you get loads of issues with this box you could use live chat on droidboxs main site and they can help (office hours).

Good luck

Reactions: bez

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com