finty

Apr 25, 2016
Problem solved, I uninstalled and reinstalled it. However Wookie takes an forever to quit, surprising as the only thing I have downloaded is Wookie itself. Is there any setting I can tweak?

I also keep getting a popup thats says "using 16.1 prealpha while 16.1 stable is available. It is recommended you upgrade to a newer version". This is a bit confusing as both versions match.

Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you double check the DBMC version installed (head to the System Info entry under DBMC's System menu (or equivalent if not using the Confluence skin)).
It should say something like 16.2-1 there.

dwinger

Nov 4, 2015
Swansea
Problem solved, I uninstalled and reinstalled it. However Wookie takes an forever to quit, surprising as the only thing I have downloaded is Wookie itself. Is there any setting I can tweak?

I also keep getting a popup thats says "using 16.1 prealpha while 16.1 stable is available. It is recommended you upgrade to a newer version". This is a bit confusing as both versions match.

Thanks
I've been getting the same pop up I managed to get rid of it my clicking on settings then scrolling down to apps clicking on the apps icon and uninstalling all older versions of kodi and dmbc

Reactions: David Savage

finty

Apr 25, 2016
Thank you dwinger. I've just had a look in settings > apps and it's only showing one version of each. Am I missing something (entirely possible!). The delay in quitting DBMC is really irritating as it only took seconds before I updated the box

dwinger

Nov 4, 2015
Swansea
Yes it will only show one app for kodi and one for DBMC but click on each of these apps and see what versions they are if they are older versions then delete them then download the latest versions of kodi via the play store or the Internet browser and then install the new versions using the appinstaller

Last edited:

dwinger

Nov 4, 2015
Swansea
I have updated but i now do not have a build and kodi is still 15.2 .Is it supposed to have changed to Kodi 16.1 ?
Uninstall all versions of kodi that are installed on your device next download the latest version of kodi using the play store or your web browser then using the appinstaller re-install the latest version of kodi and its away to go

dwinger

Nov 4, 2015
Swansea
Yes it will only show one app for kodi and one for DBMC but click on each of these apps and see what versions they are if they are older versions then delete them then download the latest versions of kodi via the play store or the Internet browser and then install the new versions using the appinstaller
Try uninstalling the Wookie then re-run it try using the retro Wookie that's the one I used yesterday and everything is working fine

finty

Apr 25, 2016
Thanks guys, haven't had a minute to do anything yet. I don't think Wookie is the issue as exiting DBMC was taking an age too.

finty

Apr 25, 2016
Aaargh. Pulling my hair out. Got rid of Wookie, made sure my cache and data was cleared, reinstalled retro and now the %#$* thing won't exit at all. I wish I had never updated my version, have had nothing but grief.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I think it depends on what wizard you have run. I have a few boxes and one with wookie lite and one with my own..all bells and whistles. Lite doesn't take as long as my own build, so it must be the way it closes everything down and saving any updates.
The main thing is its all running well, remember to clear cache often and packages as well if things get to a squeeze on the memory side.

Hope this helps.

finty

Apr 25, 2016
Thanks David. I am using Wookie Lite and it is working fine. 3 minutes and counting and it hasn't quit yet. In fact it has hung. Everything was perfect until I upgraded to DBMC. Really fed up with it. My stepson is considering buying a box but unless I can find a fix for my problem it's definitely a non recommendation from me.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
If you think DBMC is the problem, then download official Kodi from Google play and load wookie on that. It is unlikely to be your machine that is the source of the problem. If you find that things work better with Kodi then you and your stepson will be quids in. (I run official Kodi not DBMC on my droidbox)

finty

Apr 25, 2016
Exasperated. Downloaded official Kodi (unistalled DBMC), installed Wookie and it keeps kicking me out. How do I reset to 'fresh out of the box'? I swear I wish I'd never guddled with it by updating. Thanks for your patience. Mine is long gone

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sorry to here, to do a factory reset you need to power off your box, then hold the restore button on the side by the USB sockets. Keep hold and power on still holding until the recoverymenu pops up. Now click on factory reset and it will reset...after its rebooted give it time to load your apps up. It can take 20 mins to load up.

finty

Apr 25, 2016
Thank you. Factory reset, installed Wookie and same problem, taking forever to quit then hangs, plus the prealpha popup has reappeared.