finty

Apr 25, 2016
Factory reset went to DBMC 16.1.2. I think it was the version before when I first received the box. Totally and utterly peed off

finty

Apr 25, 2016
Will try Kodi later. Unfortunately I had the same problem with it after Jarvis update which it has defaulted to. Everything worked perfect until I updated the darn thing. I'm really grumpy :(

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
I think it's something to do with the latest wookie, I've got kodi 15.1 on the droidbox both android and elec and the new 16 version on my laptop.

On both since I've upgraded to wookie {retro} 1/05/16.. wookie either takes an age or just hangs on shut down, I've had to force close a few times but it seems to do no damage to the build.

Reactions: David Savage

finty

Apr 25, 2016
Thank you David. Reset again and still the most recent update on the box, including prealpha error. Sean's build isn't coming up in SPMC builds as he wrote it for Isengard. If this doesn't work this time I am ready for junking it such is my frustration.

Yup massive fail yet again. Run Wookie zip file and it kicked me out to home screen before it finished running. I am not sure why when I do a reset it doesn't seem 'clean'. I certainly never once got the prealpha message when I first got the box, only since the OTA update. I am assuming because I did run the OTA update that is the reason I keep getting loaded to the latest version of DBMC?

I'm a novice to android systems but I have a techie background so not totally working blind. I'm sure it's a software conflict but where I just don't know. I love a challenge but this one is driving me to distraction.

Reactions: David Savage

finty

Apr 25, 2016
As an aside, in DBMC > system > system information - it says free memory 947Mb. This is after a reset. I am not sure how this fits into the equation, if at all.

finty

Apr 25, 2016
Me too re drink :mad:.

Home screen settings > Internal storage > available 11.61Gb

In DBMC now 0.7Gb available. Not sure what is using 12+ gig or what indeed these figures signify
Memory used is 33%

Net speed isn't great here but download is just over 15Mb/s which should be more than adequate.

Wondering if I should roll back to Isengard if that is even possible

finty

Apr 25, 2016
Just saw Busapaul's post (thank you). I thought definitely Wookie issue but I couldn't load Ares either, kick out there too.

Thanks for the support, much appreciated

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi if you go to system inside kodi, then underneath go system info.. now summary shows you Free memory, this is for ram I think. Now underneath go to storage and here it will show you internal memory.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Don't give up as I think it might be linked to wookie. As your box seems to be at the right specs you gave. My Internet speed is 12 to 15mps.
Also Sean build is in community builds and you have to keep go in and out until it shows up. I think you will still get the long shut downs. See if it improves in time...

Last edited:

busapaul

Jan 13, 2016
Hmmm, have to tried running a virus and malware scan?

Although having done a reset you shouldn't have to, is the same thing happening in open-ELEC?

Also try installing a couple of addons on their own without a wizard.

Last edited:

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Up until recently I used to get service hang when exiting Wookie. Usually taking well over a minute to exit. Trying it now and it exits really quickly and I've made no adjustments so not sure what's gone on there. With regards to getting kicked back to the splash screen, I get that the odd time but got it constantly when I did not use the Confluence skin.
Have you tried the Husham wizard? It might keep kicking you out after installation but when it finally lets you in just change to Confluence and see if that helps.
Not sure if any of that helps but fingers crossed.