Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The clue is in the ota build version number you quote.

10 March 2017.

Spookingly the date I quoted the last OTA update appeared for your box.

So you already have the latest 2017 update.

RELL33

Oct 8, 2016
I have never done an OTA. I update my apps from the PlayStore Weekly. I have had that same version number since I received my boxes in 2016.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I have never done an OTA. I update my apps from the PlayStore Weekly. I have had that same version number since I received my boxes in 2016.
Hi

Regarding the Build version LMY 47 V.20170310.

2017 refers to year of release
03 refers to the month
10 refers to the day.

If you had bought the boxes in 2016 you had probably run and updated the boxes to most recent OS version.Now some updates such as the one for LibreELEC are in BETA and thus provided manually which you can get through the forum.

Apps can be updated via Google play store or DroidBOX market.

Regards

gee

Jan 4, 2018
Hello, first post. I received my droidbox t8-s plus in Dec 2015. I usually used the libreelec side until we all had to go to kodi Krypton. I now use the Android side however since 17 it has been glitchy and no stream plays AC3/5.1. However Jarvis always played most streams well. It has been ages since an ota update. Will flashing and resetting as described above mean I will lose all my add ons on the android side for kodi i.e will I have to set my box up again from scratch or will it just update the librelec side to (finally) 17.6 ish???

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, If you follow the written instructions and select reboot (not wipe data/factory reset) your current settings on the android side of your box should stay the same.

gee

Jan 4, 2018
Ok I have done the above and when I try to select udisk it says it will not mount. I have one file on a 2gb usb formatted in msdos fat16. How come it does not see the usb?

gee

Jan 4, 2018
Is there anyway I can mount the disk from the boot screen. Please let me know and thank you for your help.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, not to sure, use the ( contact us/live chat ) at the bottom right of this page they will clarify it for you.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@gee If the Recovery Menu can't read a USB device, I'd definitely recommend sticking to an SD memory card instead. Might be worth checking other gadgets (cameras, PDAs, old MP3 players etc) in your house for a card, if you don't have a spare one lying around.

DroidBox User

Apr 20, 2018
@gee If the Recovery Menu can't read a USB device, I'd definitely recommend sticking to an SD memory card instead. Might be worth checking other gadgets (cameras, PDAs, old MP3 players etc) in your house for a card, if you don't have a spare one lying around.

Why does the Recovery menu not read any of the USB devices, and only the memory card ? (even when it gives the option to read from USB drive, and can detect the USB drive) ?

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
It can read USB memory sticks in Recovery but we can not guarantee that all makes/models will work. Any SD Card should work fine which is why we recommend it. We hope to have more information on a new LibreELEC update very soon.

DroidBox User

Apr 20, 2018
It can read USB memory sticks in Recovery but we can not guarantee that all makes/models will work. Any SD Card should work fine which is why we recommend it. We hope to have more information on a new LibreELEC update very soon.

Sure that is accurate ?, as far as I have known USB Storage devices appear all the same to a computer, they all use a generic USB Storage driver (program/software).

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
We have tried with a number of different USB memory sticks and some work and some dont. So for this reason we cannot guarantee that trying it with them will work and recommend a SD card which should not have any issues.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
A quick update. We are just doing some final checks on LibreElec 8.2.5 (Kodi 17.6) and should have new betas for T8-S Plus v1, T8-S Plus v2, T8 Mini and T8 SE in the next day or two providing everything is working well.

DroidBox User

Apr 20, 2018
A quick update. We are just doing some final checks on LibreElec 8.2.5 (Kodi 17.6) and should have new betas for T8-S Plus v1, T8-S Plus v2, T8 Mini and T8 SE in the next day or two providing everything is working well.

On other Android devices that I have see, including a DroidBox T8-S (Android 4.4.2), at the top there is a thin statusbar which display items being downloaded, and Wifi status, and can be pulled down to show Status messages and Settings. Also at the bottom there are Button that allow navigaton (Back, Top, Recent, Volume+, Volume-)

These are not on last final firmware. (Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted ?. Else why are they not on this device also?). Else Can you include them on this and future firmwares? ??

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
This firmware is for the Librelec OS not android. Android firmware is provided by the chip/processor manufacturer (in this case amlogic). They never addressed the missing controls and for this historic firmware, never will.

I thank you.

DroidBox User

Apr 20, 2018
This firmware is for the Librelec OS not android. Android firmware is provided by the chip/processor manufacturer (in this case amlogic). They never addressed the missing controls and for this historic firmware, never will.

I thank you.

Are you sure the firmware is from the chip/processor manufacturer (amlogic), I ask as I would say it would be the box manufacturer, as the firmware has to control other devices that are present on the box, that may not be from amlogic.

They never addressed the missing controls and for this historic firmware, never will.

I am new here. So I ask, how do you know this? (I have no idea how you would. I do understand firmware is not updates very much after release of a device).