cristofa

Oct 19, 2016
Why isengaard (15.2) cris? Android has been running jarvis for aeons, either under official kodi or droidboxes spmc clone (dbmc)?
well that's another story mate dbmc kept crashing so I just used the kodi app what is 15.2 still. I didn't even really look at why it was crashing for quickness I just used the app but dbmc will probably work now as ive done a factory reset

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Both Vanilla kodi and dbmc will be at the latest versions (jarvis) following the upgrade so you will get the benefit of that. It is said that dbmc, based on the spmc fork is better for android based machines so good luck.

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
Hi, I'm getting good quality video, but the audio is choppy in LE. This is across multiple sources and not on the Android side.

Have tried all the possible acceleration combinations, but none make any difference.

I've got the audio set to passthrough via HDMI and I've tried switching all the various options on and off, but again, no improvement

Any suggestions for optimal settings?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, I'm getting good quality video, but the audio is choppy in LE. This is across multiple sources and not on the Android side.

Have tried all the possible acceleration combinations, but none make any difference.

I've got the audio set to passthrough via HDMI and I've tried switching all the various options on and off, but again, no improvement

Any suggestions for optimal settings?
I've done a full reset and flashed again and still getting some minor issues with picture and Audio. In both HD and SD...
Android is fine so far so might have another play around later see if I can get to the bottom of this.

Dave

Reactions: Sal

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
Thanks Dave. I've factory reset and flashed the box 3 times, but no difference either. Be interested to see if you can find anything :)

Reactions: Sal

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
Further audio issues in LibreElec; I don't appear to be able to get 5.1 sound now. I have a source that is streaming 5.1 but I'm only getting stereo. If I use a local source (digital copy on the HDD) I do get 5.1. This says to me that the set-up is working, i.e. passthrough, but for some reason LibreElec isn't coping with certain file types. Also, with HD-Audio, I get nothing at all, not even stereo.

Thinking I might roll back to OpenElec, as it may have had an old Kodi version, that was a nuisance, as it didn't support H265, but at least I got the 5.1 sound without issue!

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
I wondered if the two may be related. It's very strange, but the only change I've noticed is in settings, audio, the choice of HDMI or SP-DIF is different from how it used to be, like it's a different driver or something (it's ALMA now, whereas I'm sure it was called something else before). I only have HDMI, but that option doesn't affect the sound at all. Very odd.!

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Just testing mine and sorry to say it's working fine. I think the issues are down to timing. In openelec configuration there's pool.ntp.org in connections. But in LibreELEC it's not, this is for A/V timing.
I've put it in and rebooted and it's still having problems.
For 5.1 make sure you have audio to 2.0 and highlight transcoding, DTS and DD, as well as passthrough.

Good luck and hope this is addressed soon.

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
Don't need transcoding, as my receiver supports PCM. I've got all the audio settings correct, as you suggest. Really strange one, but the more I read, the more I'm convinced its a driver kernel issue with the S812 chip and LE

Anyway, thanks for trying Dave

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Try settings it in transcoding see if it works. It is a strange one and hope it will get sorted soon. I'll keep trying, but running low on things to try. Glad I've still got android side to fall back on.

Dave

admin

Staff member
Jul 14, 2014
United Kingdom
droix.co.uk
Hi guys, we are trying to find the reason why some of you are getting issues with LE. We tested with local streams, online streams:
For instance with -> Video Addons> Exodus> (search>movies/however you prefer to get there)> Beatles eight days a week> Click the result> One specific source example - Primewire - Vidzi

We would appreciate if you could provide detailed report on streams/ steps taken so we could try to replicate the issue.

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
Stream All The Sources>TV Shows>Elementary (latest episode) choppy sounds regardless of source. Tried both 5.1 and 2.0 and both were equally bad. Sources sorted by Debrid, then Quality. (OTA 1.07, LE 7.02)

macca8317

Apr 12, 2016
My box since the update is ruined, I have issues since day one with frame jitter/stutter. Even my tv settings made no difference. Now since the ota update I can't watch anything for more than 10mins. Sound stutters, picture jitters on top of original jitter.

toonarmy9752

Sep 28, 2016
Me too ive had no end of problems in trying to get LE to work on my T8S plus - android works well but i only got that side for a couple of apps i like - my main requirement was for Kodi within Openelec and was expecting an upgrade from Koodi 15.2 to 16.1 within it sadly LE seems to have been favoured. And since the october OTA update i cant even get past the LE splash screen and boot.... eventually the led changes to the clock but the screen remains blank and as a result i have to go to reset . recovery mode to get back to android

I ve tried different tvs and hdmi leads all known to be good and fully operational at 720p, 1080i and 1080p resolutions played with refresh rates too and still no joy. CANNOT GET PAST THE LE SPLASH SCREEN.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
When you updated did you click on to wipe data and start fresh. Also might be worth trying to do a factory reset to see if this works.
Before you run the OTA updater it's worth checking out storage to see if there's enough memory.
See if a factory reset works.

Reactions: sblabs

toonarmy9752

Sep 28, 2016
Thanks David - but we tried all of this several times and even online with Droidbox technical staff, did factory reset. went to android - did the OTA route and the file route neither makes a difference. There is loads of storage space. data wiped and caches cleared. Install and factory reset all tried...

The switch to LE takes me to a LE "just enough OS for Kodi" splash page then goes blank and the boot led indicator eventually changes from boot to the clock but the screen remains blank - tried changing the tvs resolutions (720p 1080i 1080p) and refresh rates to suit (24 25 30 50 60 hz), changed hdmi leads tried other tvs = same every time.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sorry to here, this is very strange behaviour. The only thing I can think of is to flash the old firmware 1.0.4, and then reflash the new one.
Only thing is droidBOX only do this at the office so you might need to send it back.
Best thing to do is get in touch with them either email them or give them a call in the morning to see what advice they give.

Best of luck

toonarmy9752

Sep 28, 2016
Its such a shame as i love the box its a fab fast box - but was disappointed by its Librelec side as ive not experienced it on this box --- however I am using LE on a stand alone zotac zbox and it flies it really does and its equally as good as Openelec.

Its a pity that the earlier version is not available in an archive - i would send it back it if I was in UK but alas am not and i dont trust the mail services here - sadly one of my friends who I recommended the T8s plus some months ago and her Openelec with v15 kodi has been flawless but it too stopped working properly so they tried to update OTA and it get as far as a particular version and now her Openelec doesnt work and there seems to be no signs of any further update downloads OTA