cristofa

Oct 19, 2016
Hi I'm useing T8-s plus i updated to Librelec on Monday night via the OTA update,
Im experiencing problems not in android but in kodi 16.1 on Librelec.
Its very sluggish and choppy with sound and streams, I don't think its the addons because I see the issue with the spinning working icon what appears in kodi.
I booted in to android and tried the kodi 15.2 app using the same addon the stream played flawless.
Sorry for starting a new thread as im unable to find origanal one.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, You could try, go to System > Video > Acceleration > and if amcodec is switched off enable it

Reactions: cristofa

sean99

Aug 7, 2014
Its also sluggish with the rss feeds in kodi 16.1 L Elec, prefer the openelec 6.0.1 with kodi 15.2 and will not be updating anytime soon.

cristofa

Oct 19, 2016
Hi yeah ive tried both those I also tried adjusting the display refresh rate to the "always" setting and used the ares advanced settings wizard but its still awful barely watchable.
Im using the daughters fire stick at the moment! Shame because I enjoyed the T8s with openelec

cristofa

Oct 19, 2016
Sorted :) I don't know how but just tried Kodi 16.1 on Librelec and hey presto streaming smooth in 1080p to a 60" LED and sourround sound also working great...
Weird but im happy again :D Thanks

cristofa

Oct 19, 2016
Well it's back after watching a movie for 20 mins choppy sound and vision again its as if it is over heating but I booted in to android to the kodi app same addon and watched the full movie with out a problem! Any help would be appreciated before I have to buy another box

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Have you tried going to programs and then look for Xunity maintenance. Go in and go maintenance and clear cache, now go to tweeks and go to delete advanced XML. Reboot and see if this helps you..
Also find having frame rate set to 60hz helps.
Acceleration setting to, amcodec (highlight) and mpeg 2 and 4 set to 720 and above.

Dave

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sometimes a stream can get to far ahead and then cause play back errors like audio and picture clipping.
Another one is in system, system and video output. Change Vertical blank sync to always enabled from let driver decide, needs a reboot of your box.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
My quick experiment, viewing "eight days a week" the Beatles film, in SD from one of the Exodus sources (prime wire, vidzi) on Librelec. I have no seen any issues. So if anyone would like to try and replicate that and report back it would be useful.

Just thinking the issue may be source related (encoding, host contention).

To test this issue, viewing the same movie using the same addon in android and Librelec is not enough.
You need to pick the same hosting source and ensure the encoding is the same as well.

cristofa

Oct 19, 2016
Sometimes a stream can get to far ahead and then cause play back errors like audio and picture clipping.
Another one is in system, system and video output. Change Vertical blank sync to always enabled from let driver decide, needs a reboot of your box.
Thanks David. I did the other steps you mentioned before I did the thread but ive just checked the Vertical blank sync and its on enabled already, its got me beat!
Im no expert but like to think I know enough to sort most issues on kodi but this time im well stuck. Thanks

Last edited:

cristofa

Oct 19, 2016
My quick experiment, viewing "eight days a week" the Beatles film, in SD from one of the Exodus sources (prime wire, vidzi) on Librelec. I have no seen any issues. So if anyone would like to try and replicate that and report back it would be useful.

Just thinking the issue may be source related (encoding, host contention).

To test this issue, viewing the same movie using the same addon in android and Librelec is not enough.
You need to pick the same hosting source and ensure the encoding is the same as well.
Yeah Nigelar I will do that and let you know how it pans out but to be honest im starting to loose faith,
It takes a good 20 mins before the issue starts and it slowly gets worse until the stream is unwatchable. Thanks.

Reactions: David Savage

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
To be honest, if Librelec proves truly unwatchable I would stick with android Kodi. It's what I use successfully 100% of the time as I can't be bothered to set up a full Librelec configuration. On a machine as powerful as the T8S plus I doubt whether you will notice much of a difference. As you will know, Librelec (and openelec) were primarIly established as minimalist OS for underpowered machines.

cristofa

Oct 19, 2016
To be honest, if Librelec proves truly unwatchable I would stick with android Kodi. It's what I use successfully 100% of the time as I can't be bothered to set up a full Librelec configuration. On a machine as powerful as the T8S plus I doubt whether you will notice much of a difference. As you will know, Librelec (and openelec) were primarIly established as minimalist OS for underpowered machines.
That looks to be the only way mate. I just wanted the update a guess haha well a got that alright back to the 15.2 Isengard app then. Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Yeah Nigelar I will do that and let you know how it pans out but to be honest im starting to loose faith,
It takes a good 20 mins before the issue starts and it slowly gets worse until the stream is unwatchable. Thanks.
I've done the update and I'm having the same issue, when you watch something is the stream racing away from the Play line.
I've just done a full reset and will be playing around later. If I sort it I'll post my results here.
I did find deleting advanced XML and switching the power off and back on helped it.
The thing is I was testing LibreELEC before I updated, and that was playing fine.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Why isengaard (15.2) cris? Android has been running jarvis for aeons, either under official kodi or droidboxes spmc clone (dbmc)?